I finally got around to taking some pictures of our garden since I was talking about it in my last post. I wish I would have taken pictures earlier before we let our grass turn brown (oops) and before we harvested our peas, spinach, and radishes. There are gaps in our garden now where we have taken out those plants. We have replanted one of the empty places with cabbage and we have to think about what else to replant in the other spots. The weird thing about this area is that you can plant winter crops. It will be fun to experiment with that! Our garden consists of the terrace lining the back of our yard and four raised beds that Joseph put in last spring. The pictures are in order if you were to go out our back door and look from the left to the right.
top row- green beans, cucumbers, squash, zucchini. bottom row- tomatoes. Next year I need to remember to cage the tomatoes up. They are all flopped over and some of the stems have broken off due to too much weight.
corn and a pumpkin plant to finish row. The raised bed has broccoli, beets, and a row of carrots.
The second raised bed used to have radishes in the empty spot, but now there are a few cantaloupe plants. The rest of the bed is onions. The third raised bed used to be half carrots and half peas, but we harvested the peas and had to take the plants out. The last raised bed has cabbage growing where spinach used to be and the rest is lettuce.
Green beans above and strawberries below
3 comments:
Wow, that's an impressive garden, and its neat that it doesn't take up your whole yard. I like how you just bordered your lawn.
Alright I would say you are the ultimate gardener. Looks great Ivy!
wow, your garden is amazing!!! I am so impressed and jealous! I bet harvest is going to be great this year. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get down for the reunion in August. We missed you! Hope everything is great. See you soon. Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Post a Comment